The Matt Snodgrass Foundation was started by its’ founder and namesake in 2008 as a result of a fundraising effort going towards many years of medical bills. Today it has grown into a nonprofit organization that benefits young adults dealing with cancer. Through Matt’s life experience and unselfish desire to give back to our community, the foundation was born and has evolved.
It was Matt’s desire, before his passing after a valiant 13 year battle with brain cancer in July 2011, that we continue his vision.
WHAT WE DO:
- The foundation will help young adults dealing with cancer with its’ main focus being a support system.
- Volunteers will be that extra set of ears during doctors visit and during treatment.
- Professional & compassionate massage therapy during treatment.
- Updated information regarding nutrition, health maintenance and other key topics specific to young adults in their cancer journey.
- Higher education provided each semester through college scholarships for those that meet the criteria (see application).
A portion of any proceeds raised may also benefit local charities that helped Matt throughout his cancer journey. Some of the charities that the foundation will aid are listed, but not limited to: Candlelighter’s Nevada, Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, American Cancer Society and The Caring Place.